cgi email validation script :( find nix

Das Forum fĂĽr Programmierer und Systemadmins. Von Shell-, Perl- und PHP-Scripts bis zur objektorientierten Programmierung mit C++.

cgi email validation script :( find nix

Beitragvon Kaffeetrinker » Fr 20 Jul, 2001 09:20

<HTML>Sorry wenn ich einfach nen copy/paste mache. hab in einem anderen forum nachgefragt ohne geholfen zu werden. Könntet ihr mir bitte helfen? Cheers!

hello

please do not blame me... I'm looking since months for an easy (but good working) cgi script. I've seen plenty of scripts, promising to do what I need... but none was the right one. Could you please help me and tell me which one you are using?

why i need this script:
my newsletter does not have a double opt in feature, i do not want to change newsletter script! but such a script would allow me to offer a double opt in feature which i really need

what shall the script be able to do:
easy user email address verification

how should it be done:
1) user writes its email address into a form
2) user gets an email with an url
3) by opening the url, user will be able to access a certain page of my homepage

memo:
the url should NOT contain the email address of the user (to prevent abuse), but the email address should be visible inside the page user calls after getting my "check mail".

practical example:
User goes onto my newsletter page and writes its email address to start registering at it. the script sends an email to the address, and the user has to click on the url inside the mail and then sees something like this:

Hello! Somebody (you?) requested to be registered to our newsletter with the email address: [email protected]! If it was you, and you still want to be registered, you want to be added into our newsletter, just click onto the OK button.

At this point it should not be a problem for me to call the newsletter script i do already have...

hope i was able to explain what i need could you please help me?

danke!! :)</HTML>
Kaffeetrinker

RE: cgi email validation script :( find nix

Beitragvon Manuel Capellari » Fr 20 Jul, 2001 16:49

<HTML>hmmm, wennst ein 'gscheides' betriebssystem auf dem rechner hast, dann gibts dort auch majordomo, der sollte das können, die bestätigung erfolgt dadurch aber indem man eine mail zurück schickt, dafür gibts aber auch haufenweise andere features ...

bye</HTML>
Manuel Capellari

Beitragvon Kaffeetrinker » Fr 20 Jul, 2001 18:00

thx manuel für den tip... will/kann aber nicht majordomo installieren :( fällt dir zufällig ein cgi ein? kann mir nicht vorstellen dass ich der erste mit derartigen bedürfnisen bin.

p.s danke fĂĽr deine immer freundliche hilfe :)
Kaffeetrinker

Beitragvon Manuel Capellari » Fr 20 Jul, 2001 18:39

versuchs mal auf frischfleisch ...
http://freshmeat.net/search/?site=Freshmeat&q=majordomo>

aja... da fällt mir ein, falls du webmin laufen hast, dafür gibts ein administrations-modul für majordomo
Manuel Capellari

Beitragvon Kaffeetrinker » Sa 21 Jul, 2001 07:01

thx :) schau gleich rein
Kaffeetrinker

ZurĂĽck zu PROGRAMMIER FORUM